Monday, June 4, 2012

Hi everyone!


Hi all, I’m the new summer intern at The Writers Junction. I’ll be around the office in June on Mondays and Tuesdays to help out with some of the administrative tasks and event planning.

I’m a rising senior English major at Yale in the Writing Concentration (what else) but an Angeleno born and raised. I write essays and short stories, and I’m also thinking about trying screenwriting this upcoming semester. I hope to maybe/possibly/eventually make money at this after graduating. In July I’m attending the NY State Summer Writer’s Institute in Saratoga Springs for a series of fiction workshops with Margot Livesey, Joanna Scott, Amy Hempel and Mary Gaitskill. 

I’m so excited to be able to work in and around a community of writers, and everyone has been really welcoming so far. I’ve met some of you already but feel free to introduce yourselves – I am hoping to pick up a little knowledge about what you write and what it’s like to work professionally as a writer (I'll loiter around the coffee accordingly).

3 comments:

  1. Haha good question. Take 2: Hi all, my name is Dana Glaser, I'm the new summer intern...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Dana! It's great to have you around.

    ReplyDelete